Friday 5 August 2011

Chocolate Orange Bubble Wrap Cupcakes!

After admitting i'm bad at baking sometimes I had a go today and although I still didn't get the icing quite right (I think it was too warm) the cupcakes turned out delicious! When I get it right they're really good I think I just need to concentrate and focus.


I stumbled across this on The Lone Baker's site yesterday and was eager to try it out. I made the decorations with Dark Chocolate with Orange and Spices. I then used a trusty chocolate cupcake recipe but added orange and they turned out almost Brownie-like with a subtle taste of orange. The small blob of icing and bitter chocolate were the perfect combination in my opinion!


The only thing I would have changed, apart from the icing being a little too sloppy, is that I would have tempered the chocolate as the link said to prevent the matt white colour you get when you melt chocolate.



Chocolate Orange Cupcakes


115g/4oz Butter or Margarine
115g/4oz Caster Sugar
2 Eggs, beaten
85g/3oz Self-raising Flour
25g/1oz Cocoa Powder
Rind and Juice of half a large orange
Icing-
2oz Butter
4oz Icing Sugar
1tbsp milk


Preheat the oven at 180c
Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
Gradually add the eggs, beating well
Sift in the flour and cocoa powder
Add the orange rind and juice
Spoon the mixture into paper cases
Cook in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes
To make the icing, put butter and icing sugar in a bowl and mix well, adding the milk
Pipe icing onto cakes when cool and add a piece of bubble wrap chocolate!


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, I'm behind in reading the comments on my own blog... thank you so much for the link... and your cupcakes sound lovely :)

    ReplyDelete